Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojana For Tribal Development : Details & Objectives
Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojna, is run by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs of the Government of India and the Welfare Department of Jharkhand Government. It was launched from Ulihatu, the birthplace of Lord Birsa Munda. This program is under the banner of the Indian Institute of Public Welfare. While inaugurating the program, the secretary of the institute Chandrasek Singh said that through this scheme, the people living in the forest have to develop. The dream of Lord Birsa Munda is to come true. This is possible only when people will cooperate with the institute.
Speaking on this occasion, Rita Munda, Member of the State Twenty-Point, said that the Government is determined to develop and welfare the forest dwellers.
Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojana : Planning & Guidelines
The erstwhile Planning Commission’s Guidelines dated 18th June, 2014, stipulated for non-diversion of funds meant for tribal areas and comprehensive monitoring framework with well-defined indicators, provisioning, service delivery standards as well as outcomes.
The Guidelines recognizes respective Tribal Welfare Department in the States as the Nodal Department authorized to lead the process of TSP development, and provides that TSP funds should be placed under the control of the Nodal Department.
States are required to prepare comprehensive perspective TSP document taking into account all available sources of funding, aiming at appropriate convergence of resources to achieve overall socio-economic development of tribal people.
Objective Of Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojana
- It focuses on integrated, holistic and inclusive development of tribal communities.
- It aims at creation of quality social and civil infrastructure, and sustainable livelihood, employment & entrepreneurship in tribal areas such that the income of every tribal family doubles.
- The approach is mission mode implementation of need based outcome oriented projects that improve the quality of life of tribal people and bring happiness and prosperity.
- Improving the quality of life in tribal areas
- Improving the quality of education
- Qualitative and sustainable employment for tribal families
- Bridging infrastructure gaps with focus on quality
- Protection of tribal culture and heritage
Components Of Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojna
- Qualitative & Sustainable Employment
- Quality Education & Higher Education
- Accelerated Economic Development of tribal areas
- Health for all
- Housing for all
- Safe Drinking Water for all at doorsteps
- Irrigation facilities suited to the terrain
- All Weather Roads with connectivity to the nearby town/cities
- Universal Availability of Electricity
- Urban Development
- Robust institutional mechanism. (ITDAs/ITDPs)
- Promotion and conservation of Tribal Cultural Heritage
- Promotion of Sports in Tribal Areas
Strategy of the scheme
- Focused on the strengthening of institutions meant for delivery of goods and services with adequate administrative, technical and financial powers such as Tribal Welfare Departments as nodal Department, Integrated Tribal Development Agency (ITDA), Integrated Tribal Development Projects (ITDPs) and creation of new ones where they do not exist etc.
- Converging the scattered resources and activities that are undertaken by various components.
Focus Areas Of Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojana
The ten-point focus is followed by the Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojna. These 10 areas of focus under the scheme includes:
- Employment Opportunities
- Quality Education
- Economic Development
- Safe Drinking Water
- All Weather Road Connectivity
- Urban Development
Products that are included in this scheme
12 products have been included in this scheme after great deal of analysis and discussions. The products are given as under:
- Tendu Leaves
- Mahuwa Seeds
- Sal Leaf
- Sal Seed
- Wild Honey
- Gums (Gum Karaya) and