Swachh Bharat Abhiyan In Hindi | स्वच्छ भारत अभियान
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan Overview
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan also known as Swachh Bharat Mission was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on October 2, 2014. This mission was launched with the motive to put focus on sanitation. This mission was developed with the motive to achieve Swachh Bharat by year 2019.
The mission was launched on the 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatama Gandhi. This mission was given as a tribute to Mahatama Gandhi. The Coordinator of this mission will be the Secretary, Ministry Drinking Water and Sanitation. This Mission was divided in two submissions Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin), Swachh Bharat Mission (Urban).
As Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s speech on 2nd October, 2014, ‘A clean India would be the best tribute India could pay to Mahatama Gandhi on his 150th Birthday Anniversary at Rajpath in New Delhi. Prime Minister Narendra Modi started this campaign in nation-wide in India for period 2014 to 2019. This mission was developed with the aim to clean the roads, streets and all infrastructures of India’s towns, cities and villages.
It aims to encourage the construction of household-owned and community-owned toilets toilet and also motivate them to help in eliminating open defecation. This mission is also aiming to facilitate a proper mechanism to maintenance of toilet. It is aiming to get the “open defecation free” India on the birth anniversary of Mahatama Gandhi in year 2019. This mission is target to make 90 million toilets nation-wide with a project cost of Rs.196 lakhs Crore.
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan In Hindi (स्वच्छ भारत अभियान)
स्वच्छ भारत मिशन को स्वच्छ भारत मिशन के रूप में भी जाना जाता है जिसे 2 अक्टूबर, 2014 को प्रधान मंत्री नरेंद्र मोदी ने लॉन्च किया था। यह मिशन स्वच्छता पर ध्यान केंद्रित करने के उद्देश्य से शुरू किया गया था। यह मिशन वर्ष 201 9 तक स्वच्छ भारत को प्राप्त करने के उद्देश्य से विकसित किया गया था। यह मिशन महात्मा गांधी की 150 वीं जयंती पर शुरू किया गया था। यह मिशन महात्मा गांधी को श्रद्धांजलि के रूप में दिया गया था। इस मिशन का समन्वयक सचिव, मंत्रालय पेयजल और स्वच्छता मंत्रालय होगा। यह मिशन दो भारत में स्वच्छ भारत मिशन (ग्रामीण), स्वच्छ भारत मिशन (शहरी) में विभाजित था।
2 अक्टूबर, 2014 को प्रधान मंत्री नरेंद्र मोदी के भाषण के रूप में, ‘एक स्वच्छ भारत सबसे अच्छा श्रद्धांजलि होगा जो भारत नई दिल्ली में राजपथ में अपनी 150 वीं जन्मदिन की सालगिरह पर महात्मा गांधी को दे सकता है। प्रधान मंत्री नरेंद्र मोदी ने 2014 में 201 9 के लिए भारत में इस अभियान को शुरू किया। इस मिशन को सड़कों, सड़कों और भारत के कस्बों, शहरों और गांवों के सभी बुनियादी ढांचे को साफ करने के उद्देश्य से विकसित किया गया था। इस मिशन का उद्देश्य घरेलू स्वामित्व वाली और सामुदायिक स्वामित्व वाले शौचालयों के शौचालय के निर्माण को प्रोत्साहित करना है और उन्हें खुले शौचालय को खत्म करने में मदद करने के लिए प्रेरित करना है। यह मिशन शौचालय के रख-रखाव के लिए उचित तंत्र को सुविधाजनक बनाने का भी लक्ष्य रख रहा है। यह मिशन वर्ष 201 9 में महात्मा गांधी की जयंती पर “खुले शौचालय मुक्त” भारत को प्राप्त करने का लक्ष्य रख रहा है। यह मिशन 1,96 लाख करोड़ रुपये की परियोजना लागत के साथ राष्ट्रव्यापी 9 0 मिलियन शौचालय बनाने का लक्ष्य है।
Must Check : National Sports Talent Search Scheme (NSTSS)
Must Check : Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana
Vision Of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan launched by prime Minister Narendra Modi with the vision to achieve Clean and Open Defecation Free India by the 150th birthday of Mahatama Gandhi on 2nd October, 2019. Indian Government is doing its best to achieve this by 2019. 90 million toilets are targeted to construct by 2019, to achieve the success of this mission.
Objectives Of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
This mission is launched with some particular objectives, which we are going to discuss here:
- This mission is launched with the main objective to Open Free Defecation India; make India rural and urban areas clean and hygiene.
- To achieve the target of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan on the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatama Gandhi on 2nd October, 2019.
- Sanitation Coverage Acceleration in Rural Areas of India.
- Improve sanitation in marginalized communities for promotion of social inclusion.
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan objects to creating positive and significant impact on gender.
- Cost effective technologies which are also appropriate are being encouraged under this mission to ecological safe and sustainable sanitation.
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is objecting to get overall cleanliness in rural areas by developing sanitation system wherever it will be required which will be managed by community; this will focus on Scientific Solid and Liquid Waste Management System.
- Objective to aware the marginalized communities and motivating them to use the sustainable sanitation facilities and practices by providing health education and awareness creation.
As we all know that India is the only country where people are still urinating in public and also the people of rural areas and poor people of urban areas used to defecation in open area and these people are really unaware that by doing this they are spreading diseases in their surroundings and will get infected themselves also.
As per a survey in year 2017 India was the country where people were resorting of open defecation with the highest number of 530 million people. The endemic sanitary problem of India is due to open defecation and also due to drinking and bathing water’s sewage contamination.
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is an intensive drive to make India clean and hygiene. This drive will make India livable and it will also change the picture of the India in the eyes of the all world. This drive is targeting to change the lifestyle and mindset of the people of India’s rural areas through health education.
Features Of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
Here we will read some salient features of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan;
- 4041 cities town and rural areas are coming under Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, this drive is the biggest drive of make India clean and hygiene to till date.
- More than 3 million school students, government employees, college students are participating in this mission started by Indian government.
- 620 Billion is cost over for Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
- Being as a part of Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives this mission is receiving funds and also technical support from World Bank.
- Being as a Part of Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan and more other schemes this mission is also getting funds from state governments.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is referring this mission to Mahatama Gandhi’s “Chamaparan Satyagraha”, by calling Swachh Bharat Campaign “ Satyagraha se Swachhgrah”.
- This mission is working as two sub missions- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan Gramin (Rural), which is being operated by Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, Swachh Bharat Abhiyan (Urban), which is being operated by Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- In Union Budget of year 2016, Rs. 90 billion were allocated for Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, this mission was also being allocated with a loan of US $ 11.5 billion and $ 25 million for the technical support by World Bank to support the initiative of India’s Sanitation in year 2016.
- As per this mission Government of India is giving an incentive of Rs.12000b to every BPL family for constructing a toilet.
- You can know more about Rashtriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakram under swachh bharat abhiyan.
Initiatives by Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is the restructured name of Nirmal Bharat Abhiyan with the approval of cabinet in year 2014, Sep 24. Swachh Bharat Abhiyan has taken Following Initiative till Date:
- Volunteers and the ambassadors of this campaign are promoting indoor plumbing and also at village level they are creating Community Approaches to Sanitation.
- Minister of Human Resource Development of Indian government launched the Swachh Bharat Swachh Vidyalaya campaign with the help of school students and colleges.
- National real time monitoring and also getting updates from the NGOs, some non government activities are there to accomplish this mission; some non government activities are there to accomplish this mission.
- To divert the rural orthodox mindset a film ‘Toilet Ek Prem Katha’ was also released which made a great impact on the mindset of rural people.
- There are some NGOs who are working for Swachh Bharat Abhiyan are- The ugly Indian, Waste Warriors and Swachh pune (Solid Waste Collection and handling); these are with the motive to achieve the Swachh Bharat Goal.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on October 2, 2014, nominated some names as brand ambassadors of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, these are: Kapil Sharma: Comedian, kiran Bedi: Former IPS officer, Saurav Ganguli: Cricketer, Sonal Mansingh: Classical dancer, Ramoji rao: Enadu Group, Pranabha Acharya : Governor of Nagaland, Aroon purie of India today.
- With the motive to propagation of public Prime Minister Narendra Modi Nominated some Names: Sachin Tendulkar: Cricketer, Baba Ramdev , Priyanka Chopra: Actress, Vidya Balan: Actress, Shah Rukh Khan: Actor, Shashi Throor former HRD Minister, Mridula Sinha, Kamal Hasan, Amitabh Bachan: actors, Virat Kohli, M.S. Dhoni: Cricketers.
- Central Public Work Department was appointed with the motive to dispose off waste form Government offices.
- Digital India Project will also be used to Have Solar-powered trash cans, which can send alerts to sanitation crews as they will full.
- Cleaning on demand, dustbin facility in non AC coaches, Bio toilets, clean bed rolls from automatic laundries, all these initiatives are taken by the Ministry of Railway to achieve the Mission Swachh Bharat.
As Success to this mission here are some points need to be discuss:
- An App named Swachh Bharat Mission is developed for the use of people and government organizations.
- A lady of 106 years in year 2016 from Dhamtari district named Kunwar Bai Yadav Sold her seven goats to build a toilet in her house; she was specially visited by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and declared as mascot to this mission.
- 71 public undertakings and 14 companies supported in the building of 89,976 toilets till May, 2015.
- By Feb 15, 2018, 11 states, 341 districts and 3.25 lakh villages were declared as Open Defecation Free.
- To clean the wastes of besant nagar Beach a robot named Swachh bot was made by maker community in Chennai.
- With the motive to check the progress of this mission every year surveys are being held by the Indian government in several cities .
- These surveys also foster the competition between the cities to achieve the goal.
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is continuously spreading the awareness with the motive to achieve the goal. It will surely achieve the success of clan and hygiene India with its target date.