Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY) सुकन्या समृद्धि योजना Eligibility, Apply Online
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY) सुकन्या समृद्धि योजना
India is known to be a country of variety in culture, tradition, language etc. Despite of this uniqueness that attracts the world India is majorly gender biased too. A country where a female child is mostly considered to be a burden and liability on the family. The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana started by the Government of India is to make vanish the mental turmoil of the parents/guardians, worrying about the future of their girl child. The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana was launched as a part of the Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao campaign started by the Modi government on 22 January 2015 for the upliftment of the suppressing conditions of the girl child in the country. It is basically a savings scheme for the benefit of the parents of a girl child. The scheme inspires the parents/guardians to accumulate funds in the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account from the time of the birth of their girl child for the purpose of their education and marriage.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY)
|Name of Yojana/ Scheme
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY)
Central Government of India
Shree Narendra Modi
22nd January 2015
|SSY Yojana Goal
Under the scheme, the child’s parents can open the fertilizer with a deposit of at least Rs.1000 before the 10th year of their age, for which they are being given an interest rate of 9.1% for the income tax deduction. Have been
Account Opening Maximum Age 10 Years
Fund Will be Received after 18 Years or 21 Years
|Govt will Donate Interest
Minimum Deposit: 1000/-
Maximum Deposit: 1.50 Lakh
|Fee Deposit Per Month
Rs. 1000/- (12000/- in a year)
Near you Bank
|Get Full Details Herewww.indiapost.gov.in|
What Is Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana ?
This innovative Sukanya Smariddhi Yojna started by the government of India not only envisions the financial security for every girl child in the country but also contributes towards making them financially independent.
With this scheme, the phrase ‘Boond boond se sagar bharta hai’ has got its true essence. Now, the parents will save small amounts of money as per their convenience for the future of their girl child and on maturity, they will have a good sum of money to give a nice future to their daughters. So far, more than 76 lakhs people have benefitted from this scheme and have opened accounts worth Rs. 3,000 crores.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana In Hindi
भारत सरकार द्वारा शुरू की गई यह अभिनव सुकन्या स्मरिधि योजना न केवल देश में हर लड़की के लिए वित्तीय सुरक्षा की कल्पना करती है बल्कि उन्हें आर्थिक रूप से स्वतंत्र बनाने में भी योगदान देती है।
इस योजना के साथ, ‘बूंद बूंद से सागर भरता है’ वाक्यांश का असली सार मिला है। अब, माता-पिता अपनी लड़की के भविष्य के लिए और परिपक्वता पर अपनी सुविधा के अनुसार छोटी मात्रा में पैसे बचाएंगे, उनके पास उनकी बेटियों को अच्छा भविष्य देने के लिए पर्याप्त धनराशि होगी। अब तक 76 लाख से अधिक लोगों ने इस योजना से लाभान्वित किया है और रु। 3,000 करोड़
खाता खोलने के लिए आवश्यक दस्तावेज़
• लड़की के बच्चे का जन्म प्रमाण पत्र
• जमाकर्ता का पता और पहचान प्रमाण (माता-पिता या कानूनी अभिभावक) – आधार कार्ड, पैन कार्ड, पासपोर्ट, राशन कार्ड, ड्राइविंग लाइसेंस।
• जुड़वां या तिहाई के मामले में, बच्चों के जन्म के आदेश को साबित करने वाला एक चिकित्सा प्रमाण पत्र।
• लड़की के साथ रिश्ते की प्रकृति बताते हुए सर्टिफिकेट। ऐसे मामलों में जहां यह खाता बालिका के जैविक माता-पिता द्वारा खोला जाता है, जन्म प्रमाण पत्र इस प्रमाणपत्र की आवश्यकता को पूरा करेगा। लेकिन गोद लेने वाली लड़की के मामले में, यह प्रमाण पत्र आवश्यक हो जाता है।
Eligibility Criteria For Opening SSY Account
Parent/legal guardian for a maximum of two female children are only eligible for opening of this account however, an exemption is provided by presenting a medical certificate from an authorized medical institution for twins and triplets.
It can be opened in the name of a girl child only.
• Minimum age for account opening: 0 years (account can be easily opened for new borns or infants)
• Maximum age for opening the account: 10 years
The girl child and the parents/legal guardians has to be a resident of India to avail the opening of ccount under this scheme. This scheme is unavailable for a girl child having non-resident status.
A single parent/legal guardian can open only one account for every girl child in the family. A maximum of two accounts for two girl children can be opened in one family. This account has to be opened in the authorized branches of Post Offices or commercial banks like
• State Bank of India
• Bank of Baroda
• Punjab National Bank
• Bank of India
• Canara Bank
• Andhra Bank
• UCO Bank
• Allahabad Bank
There are also some other banks who provide the facility of opening Sukanya Samriddhi account.
Documents Required For Account Opening
• Birth certificate of the girl child
• Address and identity proof of the depositor (parents or the legal guardians)-Aadhaar card, PAN card, passport, ration card, driving license.
• In case of twins or triplets, a medical certificate proving the order of birth of children.
• Certificate stating the nature of a relationship with the girl child. In cases where this account is opened by the biological parents of the girl child, the birth certificate will serve the requirement of this certificate. But in the case of the adopted girl child, this certificate becomes necessary.
Terms and Conditions Of Deposits In The SSY Account
• Minimum deposit amount for the opening of Sukanya Samriddhi account is Rs. 250 per account. A maximum limit on the amount of deposit of account is already set at Rs.1.50 lakhs per account. There is no limit in the number of deposits in a month or a fiscal year.
• The cheque or the demand draft should be in the name of the Banks/Financial institutions- Concerned Bank Manager and Post Office-Concerned Postmaster can be made for the deposit of amount in the Sukanya Samriddhi account.
• The rate of interest on the deposit under this scheme offered by the banks and financial institutions is of 8.1% for 2018-19. This interest is compounded on yearly basis.
• There is also a maximum duration for which the depositor is allowed to deposit money in this account. This limit is of 14 years. After the end of this duration, no money is required to be deposited to this account and it will continue to accumulate interest until it matures/closed.
This account gets closed after it attains maturity after completing the tenure of 21 years. The money deposited in this account including the interest is paid to girl child after attaining 18 years of age and on submission of an account closure application along with address and identity proof, proof of residence and citizenship.
The conditions under which a pre-mature closing of the account is considered and can be easily done are as follows:
• Marriage of girl child
• Girl child gets an NRI status
• Emergency situations such as trouble with maintaining account under medical conditions or in case of death of any parent.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Application Form – How to Apply / सुकन्या समृद्धि योजना आवेदन पत्र – आवेदन कैसे करें
Visit the official site to apply online.