Rashtriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakram (RKSK) – Details & Objectives
Rashtriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakram (RKSK) Overview
Rashtriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakram was launched on 7th January, 2014, with the aim of adolscents participation and leadership, Gender equity, inclusion and equity and strategic partnerships with other sectors and stakeholders. This is launched by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. This is health programme for the adolescents of 10-19 age group and targets on their nutrition, reproductive health, non-communicable diseases, substance misuse, injuries and violence.
Main component of Rashtriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakram of Peer Education, in this process Peer Educators are selected and get trained with six thematic areas. This scheme is implemented with the motive to address the adolescents health problems in a comprehensive manner. This scheme has been introduced under National Rural Health Mission.
According to this scheme adolescent is that important stage of life where health interventions come. Adolescents of 10-19 age group is one fifth part of India’s population so for secure future life of this part Indian Government is taking actions considering the health of this age group.
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare had also launched an Adolescents Reproductive and Sexual Health, although this progamme was mainly targeted on sexual health of the adolescents but in this new programme , government has also considered the nutrition, non communicable diseases mental health and substance abuse.
Objectives Of Rashtriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakram (RKSK)
- This scheme is launched for the age group of 10-19 years, in this age nutrition need to be considered very important for the adolescents , this schemes aims to reduce the prevalence of the Malnutrition among adolescents. Iron deficiency prevalence is also aimed to reduce in this programme.
- To address the mental health concerns of adolescents.
- In relation to SRH to improve the attitude, behavior and knowledge.
- Decrease teenage pregnancies for better health.
- To make adolescents complication readiness, and to improve birth preparedness, and to give early parenting support for adolescents parents.
- To aware the adolescents about the adverse affects of the substance misuse.
- Preventing from injuries and violence promoting favorable attitude.
- To prevent from cancer, diabetes and strokes promote the behavior change in adolescents.
Overview Of Rashtriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakram
Under this programme adolescents of 10-19 age group are targeted for their nutrition health and substance abuse among other issues. This programme will comprehensively cover up the 243 million adolescents all over India. National Adolescents Health Strategy is developed by the MOHFW with collaboration to guide the implementation of this programme.
This programme is implemented with the motive to strengthen the adolscents. This will eventually improve the life skills, knowledge and attitude of the adolescents. It introduces community based interventions through Peer Educators and collaboration with other ministries and state governments. Under this scheme peer educator’s role will be to as a source of sensitization and referral to experts and services.
The programme envisions enabling all adolescents in India to realize their full potential by making informed and responsible decisions related to their health and wellbeing by accessing the help and support they need to do so.
How To Apply For Rashtriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakram?
- Any adolescent going by AFHCs need to be enrolled and the record should be in client registration register.
- Any adolescent going to any general OPD to AFHC should be stay away from. only those should go over who need medication otherwise it can cause different infections.
For more information we can also visit on these links:
Also check complete details about Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.