Jal Banao, Video Banao, Puraskar Pao Contest : Details & Eligibility
The Ministry of Water Resources has joined hands with MyGov portal to run the contest and has launched a video contest titled “Jal Bachao, Video Banao, Puruskar Pao”. According to an official release, the Jal Bachao, Video Banao, Puruskar Pao Contest is launched through MyGov. It will continue till 4th of November 2018. This contest will take place fortnightly. Three winners will be selected every fortnight in the contest.
Under the contest, any Indian citizen can upload their video entries on YouTube and enter the publicly accessible link on the Video link section of MyGov contest page www.mygov.in.
The participants will be judged on the basis of elements of creativity, originality, composition, technical excellence, and artistic merit, quality of video, content and visual impact of the uploaded video. The amount of the first prize will be 25 thousand rupees, for the second 15 thousand and for the third it will be ten thousand.
The Ministry has appealed the people to make and upload videos related to Water Conservation, Optimum Water Utilization and Water Resource Development and Management in different parts of the country.
An Overview Of Jal Banao, Video Banao, Puraskar Pao Contest
|Organizer||Ministry of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation (MoWR, RD & GR), Government of India|
|Frequency||Fortnightly (10th July to 24th July,
25th July to 8th August,
9th August to 23rd August,
24th August to 7th September,
8th September to 22nd September,
23rd September to 6th October,
7th October to 21st October and
22nd October to 4th November)
|Award Money||Rs. 25,000/- , Rs. 15,000/- and Rs. 10,000/- for first, second and third position holders respectively.|
Eligibility Of The Video For Jal Banao, Video Banao, Puraskar Pao Contest
- The video content must be original.
- Duration of the video should be two to ten minutes.
- Language of the video may be Hindi or English or any Regional language.
- The video or advertisement/commercial on water conservation shall capture efforts/significant contributions/best practices used in different parts of the country in field of water conservation, water utilization or water resources development and management.
- The entry must not contain any provocative, objectionable or inappropriate content.
- The competition poses multiple deadlines.
- However, the last date to submit entries is 4 November 2018.
How to Submit Videos and Win Prizes
- The Contest is open only for Indian citizens to participate without any registration fee.
- One entrant can participate only once.
- Multiple entries from the same entrant shall not be considered and will be discarded.
Ministry of Water Resources appeals the citizens to make and upload videos capturing the efforts, significant contributions, best practices in the field of Water Conservation, Optimum Water Utilization and Water Resource Development and Management.
To participate in the contest and upload their video on the official website of the contest, the following simple steps have to be followed. These are given as under:
- Firstly, visit the official website www.mygov.in.
- On the homepage, click on “Jal Bachao, Video Banao, Puraskar Pao Contest” option given on the web page.
- Read the details of the contest and click on “Login to submit task“.
- After logging in to submit task, a login Page will appear on your screen.
- If you are an existing user then log in using the credentials.
- Otherwise, you have to register by clicking on “Register Now” option.
- After that, an online registration form will appear on your screen.
- Fill out the application form carefully and enter the OTP received on the mobile number.
- After logging in, click on “Do this task now“.
- Then, your task will be accepted and “Do this Task Now” will change to “Do”.
- After that, click on “Submit task”.
- Here you have to write a description of the video of out 500 words and also submit the video link same as that is uploaded on YouTube.
- Lastly, submit the task to see your submission in the “My Submissions” section.
Must Check : Ganga Vriksharopan Abhiyan (गंगा वृक्षोपण अभियान)
Frequency of the Contest
The Contest is organized on a fortnight basis.
|1st Fortnight||10 July 2018 to 24th July 2018|
|2nd Fortnight||25 July 2018 to 8 August 2018|
|3rd Fortnight||9 August 2018 to 23 August 2018|
|4th Fortnight||24 August 2018 to 7 September 2018|
|5th Fortnight||8 September 2018 to 22 September 2018|
|6th Fortnight||23 September 2018 to 6 October 2018|
|7th Fortnight||7 October 2018 to 21 October 2018|
|8th Fortnight||22 October 2018 to 4 November 2018|
The two to ten-minute video in Hindi or English or any Regional language must be original and should not violate any provision of the Indian Copyright Act, 1957 or the Intellectual Property Rights of any third party. All entries received by the stipulated date and found in the order shall be evaluated by a Committee constituted by the Ministry. The decision of the Committee would be final.
The prizes awarded per fortnight are as follows:
- First Prize: Rs. 25,000
- Second Prize: Rs. 15,000
- Third Prize: Rs. 10,000